Tuesday 25 February 2014

Meatballs Meatballs!

Heyya guys!

Activity week is coming up soon… I don't know which one should i choose. The option was "diving" to several island in Malaysia (I believe last year was so much better), "Community and Service" to Philippines; Yellow Boat of Hope (not a good option for me), Shanghai (learn mandarin… which is I the language that I never learn before), or Yogyakarta! learning art, batik, dance and go to historical place (of course Candi Borobudur!). I really really want to go to Diving so bad but I want to go to Yogyakarta at the same time T_T 

The school trip is my one and only opportunity to go to diving trip…
It's been long time since last time I went to Yogya (around 6/7 years ago)
I wish I can choose both of them…
hmm, should I just go wherever my crush go? hahaha crazy laa, I'm not crazy stalker…

I miss Indonesia soo much, especially Jakarta. I wanna eat "bakso malang" or often be called meatball soup. Indonesia has da best meatball soup ever… you can add "sambal", spicy sauce, soy sauce (normal or sweet), or vinegar. You can mix it until you find the right taste or you can just eat it without any additional sauce. The taste is so good and refreshing especially during rainy or cold days and you eat the warm soup and meatball… alamaak I almost forgot how is it taste since I'm moving to Singapore..


Meatball in Singapore is so different because they're using different broth and spice. I heard something that I can't imagine before. In Sweden, they are using jam and creamy sauce. When I heard that for the first time I feel like "Woow, are you serious" but I realize that any meatball in the world is look good. Now, I knew a few types of food that base on meatball. Meatball Soup from Indonesia, Fried Meatball from Indonesia, Italian Meatballs, Grilled meatballs, Glazed Meatballs with Gojuchang from Korea and Swedish Meatballs from Sweden.

1. Meatballs Soup from Indonesia
I miss this food soo much!
Can you see the Sambal in the spoon, the rich flavor of beef broth, the fried bean curd with fish, tendon meatball and normal meatball

2. Fried Meatballs from Indonesia
"Bakso Goreng"

"Basreng pedas"
You can taste the rich flavor from the meatball by only eating this! "Bakso Goreng" means Fried Meatball, this is a main dish. "Basreng" is the shortcut of saying "BAkSo goRENG". "Basreng Pedas" means "Spicy Meatballs" and its a snack, my favorite snack!

3. Italian Meatballs
Meatball with tomato sauce... No comment. It looks delicious but I prefer to eat it with pasta! :D

4. Grilled Meatballs (with Peanut Sauce or Soy Sauce) from Indonesia
"Grilled Meatballs with Peanut Sauce"

"Grilled Meatballs with Sweet Soy Sauce"

5. Glazed Meatballs with Gojuchang from Korea
Korean food is always be ma favorite laa! 


6. Swedish Meatballs from Sweden
"Ikea Swedish Meatballs"

I wanna show you guys the uniqueness of Indonesian Meatballs! this is from "Bakso Atom Restaurant" in Indonesia!

1. Egg Meatballs

2. Prawn Bean curd Meatballs

3. Meat Bean curd

4. Glazed Meatball with Honey

5. Cheese Meatballs

6. Marrow Meatballs

7. Mushroom Meatball

8. Burger Meatballs
it looks like Ekado, but inside of it its meatball's meat and melting cheese..

9. Wrapping Meatballs
The meatball's meat wrapped by the crispy flour~

10. "Baksomay" Meatball with Shumai
 Ayaya~ this is the best combination ever!

10. Lastly, "Bakso Atom"!
Tendon Meatballs is always be the best laa~

List of Sources of Images:
3. Basreng

2 comments:

  1. Nice collection of pics. Swedish meatballs are even my favorite. I often visit restaurants in Sweden for having meatballs. I just love the food served here.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I would like to visit your restaurant recommendation someday, if I'm going to Sweden :)

      Delete